Yamato Transport (S) Pte Ltd – Compliance Policy
Anti Bribery Law
This Compliance Policy represents and affirms the Yamato Group’s policy under which we do not condone any form of corruption or bribery, which hinders fair and free competition. We understand that each company of the Yamato Group and all of its officers and employees are obliged to comply with this Policy and any violation hereof may lead to a disciplinary action, and hereby make the following declaration.
- We understand that any corruption or bribery must not be allowed to occur, and strictly comply with the provisions of the Penal Code, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act, the National Public Service Ethics Act, and the National Public Service Ethics Code of Japan; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of the U.S.; the Bribery Act of the U.K.; the Penal Code (Cap. 224) and the Prevention of Corruption Act (Cap. 241) of Singapore and other anti-bribery laws of any country (“Anti-Bribery Laws”).
- We do not commit any acts that may be suspected as bribery.
- We maintain appropriate relationships with any person whom we may contact in the course of the performance of our duties. In particular, we do not corruptly give, promise, or offer; or solicit, receive, or agree to receive, any gratification (whether monetary or non-monetary) to/from any person (including but not limited to any public or government officer or agent) as an inducement or reward to do or refrain from doing anything in respect of any actual or proposed matter or transaction.
- We do not commit any act of providing meals, entertainment, gifts or rewards, unless (i) such acts are acceptable in light of Anti-Bribery Laws and no corrupt or unfair intention is found from an objective perspective, or (ii) such acts are truly unavoidable in order to protect the life, body, property or freedom of an individual or his/her family members.
- Even in the event that provision or receipt of meals, entertainment, gifts or rewards to or from others is permitted, we do so only after undergoing prescribed approval procedures and only to the extent necessary in order to perform our duties.
- We require any supplier, contractor, dealer, agent, consultant or other third party which is engaged in the Yamato Group’s businesses and services to strictly comply with Anti-Bribery Laws.
This Compliance Policy represents and affirms the Yamato Group’s policy under which we comply with any competition law of any country, which is one of the fundamental rules of the market. We understand that each company of the Yamato Group and all of its officers and employees are obliged to comply with this Policy and any violation hereof may lead to a disciplinary action, and hereby make the following declaration.
- As a participant of the market, we strictly comply with any competition law, which is one of the fundamental rules. We do not commit any act whatsoever that hinders fair and free competition such as being part of a cartel; carrying out collusive biddings; agreeing with competitors to divide up the market; colluding with competitors to limit output; using our dominant position (if any) to foreclose the market to competitors; or undertaking mergers that result, or may be expected to result in, a substantial lessening of competition within any market.
- We do not make any arrangement with any of our competitors on a matter that should be independently determined by each company, including prices, quantities, customers, sales channels, suppliers, facilities, or technologies.
- In no event do we exchange with any of our competitors any information about a matter that should be independently determined by each company, including prices, quantities, customers, sales channels, suppliers, facilities, or technologies (“Competitive Information”).
- If we are requested by any of our competitors to provide any Competitive Information, we will expressly reject such request and promptly report such event to designated personnel in charge of compliance and risk management and seek directions therefrom.
- If we unintentionally obtain any Competitive Information from any of our competitors, we will promptly report such event to designated personnel in charge of compliance and risk management and seek directions therefrom.
- To ensure that no Competitive Information is exchanged with our competitors, we carefully examine and determine the necessity of participating in meetings, parties, golf competitions, trips or any other gathering where any of our competitors may be present.
- We do not attempt to communicate with any of our competitors in ways that raise suspicions that we have exchanged any Competitive Information with such competitors, including through conversation, phone, fax, email, social media or otherwise.
Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment
This Compliance Policy represents and affirms the Yamato Group’s policy, as a member of society under which human rights of all persons must be respected, that any form of discrimination or harassment shall not be tolerated. We understand that each company of the Yamato Group and all of its officers and employees are obliged to comply with this Policy and any violation hereof may lead to disciplinary action, and hereby make the following declaration.
- We are committed to strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. These may include but are not limited to the Constitution of Japan, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenants on Human Rights, the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, and the Act on the Promotion of the Employment of Disabled Persons, and the Employment Act (Cap. 91), Retirement and Re-employment Act (Cap. 274A), the Industrial Relations Act (Cap. 136), the Enlistment Act (Cap. 9), and the Protection from Harassment Act 2014 (Cap. 256A) of Singapore. We do not commit by ourselves or allow anyone to commit any acts of discrimination or harassment in any form.
- We do not commit or allow anyone to commit any discrimination based on race, belief, gender, religion, nationality, age, origin, marital status, etc.
- We do not commit or allow anyone to commit any form of harassment, including but not limited to:
(1) sexual harassment, including any sexual language or behavior that deteriorates an employee’s working condition, or any disadvantageous treatment of an employee by reason of his/her reaction to such language or behavior;
(2) power harassment, including any act taking advantage of official authority or seniority that causes an employee to suffer mental or physical pain or deteriorates the workplace environment;
(3) harassment in relation to pregnancy, giving of birth or childcare leave, and will not allow the creation of any hostile work environment;
Any use or making of threatening, abusive, or insulting words, behaviour or communication by any means, which thereby causes, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm, or distress to any employee (whether intentional or unintentional), shall not be tolerated.
- We will not retaliate or take any adverse personnel action whatsoever against an employee for reporting any discrimination or harassment or for cooperating in an investigation regarding discrimination or harassment.
- If we receive a report of discrimination or harassment, we will conduct investigations and appropriately address such issue.