- Email Us
- – or –
With this DIY plan, you can now deliver your items to Japan at an affordable price, inclusive of insurance coverage. We offer three plans of different sizes, with direct delivery to your doorstep in Japan.
For more details, please refer to our guidebook here, or read on to find out more!
|Plan Type||S Package||M Package||L Package|
|Price||Please contact us @ [email protected]|
|No. of Carton Boxes 1||Big||4||6||8|
(1 Golf Bag carton box = 1 Big carton box + 1 Small carton box)
|Insurance Compensation Upper Limit 2||Per Carton Box||¥ 200,000|
|Per Package||¥ 1,000,000||¥ 1,500,000||¥ 2,000,000|
|Collection Timing (Singapore) 3||Weekday mornings or afternoons, to be discussed with our staff|
|Delivery Zone 4||All of Japan, excluding Okinawa and specific islands|
|Delivery of Packing Materials||
|Packing & Documentation||
|Arrival in Japan||
Customers residing in private condominiums must inform the management office about the move several days before the actual moving day.
- We recommend that you inform your residence’s management as soon as possible, as certain condominiums may require notification up to 1 week in advance of the actual moving day.
- Application forms for the Moving Permit can usually be obtained from the condominium’s management office.
- A deposit will be required in advance for the permit application, which may cost between S$500 to S$2,000. This will be returned upon completion of the move.
- Certain condominiums may charge an administrative fee as well.
- Please take note that we will not be able to conduct the move if the condominium’s management does not approve the permit application.
We will be collecting cash upon baggage collection in Singapore.
※ It is possible to pay the bill into our designated account before the actual moving day.
|There is a possibility of thorough inspection of all items in the boxes by Customs clearance officers. If prohibited items are found to be present, or certain items are found to have exceeded their restricted limit, the shipment process will be delayed and customers may be punishable by law. As a result, customers may lose ownership to their belongings and may be required to head down to the Japan Customs office. Foreigners visiting Japan may have their visa status affected by the investigation as well. Therefore, please pack authorized items only, and do not include items from other people, whose contents are unknown to you. In the event of inquiries from Japanese customs officers, you will assume full responsibility for the items as the shipper.|
| Please consult us if you are unsure of the items stated below.
|Food Items||eg. Vegetables, Fruits, Processed Meats (ham, jerky, sausages), Dried Fruits
|Counterfeit Items||eg. Pornography, Child Pornography, Pirated DVDs, Imitation goods (cash, securities documents, credit cards)|
|Animals & Plants||eg. Live Animals and Plants, Seeds, Cut/Dried Flowers, Pine Cones, Walnuts, Bulbs|
|Valuables||eg. Cash, Securities, Bankbooks, Stock Certificates, Hard-to-Price Assets (precious metal, antique art)|
|Hazardous Items||eg. Aerosol Sprays, Combustibles (matches, lighters, etc.), Firecrackers, Gunpowder, Model Weapons (light sabers, toy guns, etc.), Weapons (guns, knives, swords, tasers, etc.)|
|Chemicals||eg. Drugs (cannabis, opium, cocaine, heroin, MDMA, illegal herbs, psychotrophic drugs, speed drugs, etc), Harmful Substances, Poison.|
|Others||– Products made from species listed in the CITES appendices, eg. leather, fur, horn, bones, ivory
– Furniture and musical instruments made from exotic wood
– Cigarettes, Alcoholic drinks, Perfume
– Items that contain rocks and soil
– Products made from straw, eg. Straw mats
– Excessive amounts of medication
– Items that require Import Certificates or Letters of Approval
– Items that are not for personal usage, eg. Medical equipment
– Electric bikes, including electric scooters
|Cosmetics||– Limited to a maximum of 24 items for each type of cosmetic product
– Make-up items (eg. Lipstick) will be treated as one type of product regardless of color
|Pharmaceuticals||– eg. Contact Lenses, Contact Lens Solution, Current Medication, Vitamins
– Limited to 2 months’ worth of supplies
|Food & Beverage Items||– eg. Canned Food, Dried Fruits, Nuts, Snacks, Coffee, Tea, Seasonings
– Limited to a total of 10kg
As Yamato Group is not responsible for the loss/misplacement of shipments, we recommend that customers keep the following items in their hand-carried luggage instead. These applies to individuals as well as all family members.